Comprehensive Plan Documents
Volume 1 - Conditions and Issues
- Conditions and Issues Plan - (Adopted 10/3/2016)
Volume 2 - Vision and Directions
- Vision and Directions Plan - (Adopted 10/3/2016)
Volume 3 - Supplemental Plans
- County Road X Corridor Plan - (Adopted 2/20/2017)
- Schofield Avenue Corridor Plan - DRAFT - (July 2019)
- Community Entryway and Wayfinding Plan - (Adopted 10/7/19)
- Broadband Technology Plan - (Adopted 10/3/2016)
Under Section 66.1001 of the Wisconsin Statutes every governmental jurisdiction that regulates the use of land through a land division ordinance, shoreland zoning ordinance, general purpose zoning ordinance, or official map must have an adopted comprehensive plan. Since the Village administers a general purpose zoning ordinance, a land division ordinance and shoreland zoning ordinance, it must have an up-to-date Comprehensive Plan that is consistent with these ordinances. The current Comprehensive Plan is available on our website via the link above.
All comprehensive plans must meet the content requirements of Section 66.1001 Wis. Stats., and have at a minimum the following sections:
- Issues and Opportunities – A compilation of background demographic, housing, and economic data, and a listing of applicable goals, objectives, and policies that guide the implementation of the comprehensive plan.
- Land Use – A compilation of existing and proposed future land uses. The Village of Weston Comprehensive Plan has historically incorporated the locally adopted future land use maps into its future land use map.
- Transportation – A compilation of existing and proposed transportation facilities and programs.
- Housing – A compilation of existing and future housing needs in the Village.
- Economic Development – A compilation of existing and future economic development activities in Weston.
- Community Facilities and Utilities – A compilation of existing and future community facilities and utilities, including such components as sanitary sewer, storm water management, potable water, and village buildings and services.
- Agricultural, Natural, and Cultural Resources – A compilation of existing resources of this nature and policies that will be set in place to protect them.
- Intergovernmental Cooperation – A discussion of opportunities for intergovernmental cooperation and coordination with our neighboring communities.
- Implementation – A description of how the recommendations contained within the plan will be set in motion.