- Public Works & Utilities
- Public Works Projects
Public Works Projects
2023 Street and Utility Reconstruction Projects
Planned Street Projects for 2023 include:
- Improvement of the pavement on Northwestern Avenue from the west village limits to County Road X in cooperation with a federally funded WisDOT program
- To address the deteriorated pavement, the project is proposed to include the following:
- Asphaltic pavement rehabilitation by recycling the existing pavement into aggregate and placing a new asphalt driving surface
- The project will evaluate widening the paved shoulder (from 3-feet to 4-feet) to better accommodate bicycles within the existing roadway width
- No widening of the roadway is planned
- New pavement marking would be installed
- This alternative ensures that the life of the pavement structure and the roadway features are maximized in the most cost-effective manner.
- All work will occur within the existing right of way and no work will occur within the Yellow Banks Park.
- Motorists can expect to encounter daily flagging operations and single-lane closures during construction. Access to adjacent properties will maintained during construction including to the Yellow Banks Park. The contractor will coordinate with property owners throughout construction.
- Please provide any comments or questions on the project by June 15, 2022.
Director of Public Works
Phone: (715) 241-2636
2022 Street and Utility Reconstruction Projects
Planned Street Projects for 2022 include:
- Reconstruction of Birch Street south of Weston Ave (Cross Pointe Blvd to Shorey Ave).
- Apache Ln Utility Project. Streets include Trotzer from the west end to Apache Ln and then Apache Ln north to Estate Dr.
2021 Street and Utility Reconstruction Projects
- October 28 Updates:
- October 26 Update:
- Bridge on Ross Ave over the Eau Claire River: Fahrner Asphalt will be on site Tuesday, Oct. 26 thru Wednesday, Oct. 27 (weather dependent) to shot blast the deck patch areas and apply the Epoxy Overlay on the patches. Portable signal lights will be reactivated for this process, and the bridge will be closed to one lane traffic each day during this process. Motorist can expect delays that will be similar as during the past single lane closures.
- Barbican Ave: American Asphalt will be paving the top mat of asphalt (surface) on Barbican Ave., Tuesday, Oct. 26 on the eastbound and westbound lanes. They are projected to finish the areas between the medians on Wednesday, Oct. 27. They will be utilizing flag persons to maintain access to the businesses during this paving project.
2021 Maintenance Projects
To obtain copies of the bid packets please contact Director of Public Works, Michael Wodalski, at (715) 241-2636, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for Proposals
There are not any projects currently seeking Proposals.