April 28, 2022, 3:00 P.M.
Village of Weston Press Conference
Results of Follow-up Voluntary PFAS Testing
The Village of Weston Water Utility conducted a follow up PFAS (Perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances) sampling event for all wells on April 11, 2022. Results of this follow-up sampling indicates PFAS levels below all Department of Health Services (DHS) recommended levels at all utility wells. These results are posted on our website at www.westonwi.gov/pfas.
Wells 3 and 4 which were turned off after the initial sampling results were received, will be turned back on. This will allow a third sample of those wells to be taken to determine which set of samples, the 1st or 2nd set is representative of the wells. This third sampling will take place in early May and those results will be posted once received.
The Weston Water Utility is committed to providing our consumers with quality drinking water. As your water supplier, we will continue to work closely with the DNR, DHS, and Marathon County Health Department to maintain the quality of your water. If you have questions about this notice, please contact the Village of Weston at 715-359-2876.
Keith Donner, P.E. Michael Wodalski, P.E. Joshua Swenson
Keith E. Donner, P.E. Michael Wodalski, P.E. Joshua Swenson
Village Administrator Director of Public Works Utility Superintendent
- PFAS Press Release Statement March 24, 2022
- PFAS Press Release Supplemental Info March 24, 2022
- PFAS Press Conference (FULL RECORDING)
- PFAS Press Conference (AUDIO ONLY)
- PFAS Press Release Statement February 11, 2022
- PFAS Press Release Supplement Info February 11, 2022
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - PFAS Homepage
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) - PFAS Homepage
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) - PFAS Homepage
- Weston Public Works Committee Presentation on PFAS (January 2022 Meeting)