Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
View All Posts
Posted on April 23, 2021 at 9:59 AM by Nate Crowe
At their regular meeting on Monday, April 19th, the Village Board of Trustees awarded a contract to Miron Construction for building a new Municipal Center and Public Works Garage. The decision to move forward with the project comes after an evaluation and planning process that began in 2016 and concluded with an intense design evaluation process by the Building Committee in the 4th quarter of 2020.
The new facility will be constructed at the northeast corner of Camp Phillips Road and Ross Avenue (4707 Camp Phillips Road). The existing facilities at 5500 Schofield Avenue, which date back to 1956, have reached the end of their useful life. Issues with the current facility include vastly undersized garage and shop space, unsafe conditions in the shop and garage, inadequate plumbing, electrical and heating systems, and a deficient building envelope. The new facility will be built to properly house, maintain, and manage a modern public works operation. The office will be built for current staffing needs with additional space for future expansion. Park operations will move from Kennedy Park to the new facility as well, save for a few small pieces of equipment.
The total project cost, which includes the new land purchase and other overheads is estimated at $16.6M. The new facility should serve the Village for the next 50 to 60 years.
Next steps are to work with Wisconsin based firms Kueny Architects and Miron Construction to finalize the project schedule. Please refer to the Building to Serve site for more information.
Keith Donner, Administrator