- Public Works & Utilities
- Private Well Program
- 5-Year Private Well Permit
5-Year Private Well Permit
To start the permit application you will then need to visit the following weblink to start your permit request: www.westonwi.gov/ePermits. Please follow the steps listed below to guide you through the process.
- If you are new to our Online Permitting System, you will need to create “New Account” Fill out the “Account Signup” page. Once this is completed, you will be redirected back to the main permit page. If you have an account sign in and proceed to step 2.
- Click on “Permit Application”, next under “Category”, select “Well”, then under “Type” select “Private Well ( 5- year)”. Do not select Private Well (10- and 5- year) as this has different requirements and your private well 10- year inspection is not due.
- Then you will be prompted to type in your “House Number” and “Street Name”, followed by clicking the “Next” box. If your address does not pop up, try typing just the first few letters of your street name. From there you should be able to select your address by checking the box next to it, and the clicking the “Next” box.
- This brings you to the “Enter Permit Details” page. Please enter in as much information as you are able to. The “DNR Inspection Date” is where you will enter in the date of your approved well and pressure system inspection. Once you have completed this page, click the “Next” box.
- The “Upload Documents” page is where you could attach a scanned-in copy of your approved “Well Driller or Pump Installer Statement/Report”, 10- year pressure system inspection from 5 years ago. This document is not required to submit the permit application, even though it is stated that it is required. If you chose to upload this document go to step 6. If you do not or do not want to upload the document, continue to step 7.
- Once you choose your file on your computer, then click “Upload Document”, then click the “Next” box. Following this page, you will need to check the box (“I agree to the conditions”), then click the “Finish” box.
- Click the “Next” box. Following this page, you will need to check the box (“I agree to the conditions”), then click the “Finish” box.
- After applying for a permit, you need to contact me, Will Harrison to schedule a water sample and cross connection for your private well. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the page. Appointments can only be scheduled Monday through Wednesday 7AM to 3PM, Thursday 7AM to 11:30AM, Thursday afternoon and Fridays are unavailable due to restricted lab testing hours.
Once you have completed these steps, please contact Will Harrison, Private Well Coordinator, at (715) 241-2635, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is where we will schedule a well water sample. If you have an questions regarding the process please contact me.