10- & 5- Year Private Well Permit
Prior to starting your 10- & 5-year private well permit process, you will need to have completed your 10- year well and pressure system inspection by a licensed company. You will need digital copy of your 10-year well and pressure system inspection report form available, as you will need to upload a copy of that. A copy of your well inspection should have been provided by your recent well driller inspection.
Once you have your completed your 10-year well and pressure system and have the report available, you will then need to visit the following weblink to start your permit request: www.westonwi.gov/ePermits.
- If you are new to our Online Permitting System, you will need to create “New Account” Fill out the “Account Signup” page. Once this is completed, you will be redirected back to the main permit page. If you have an account sign in and proceed to step 2.
- Click on “Permit Application”, next under “Category”, select “Well”, then under “Type” select “Private Well (10- and 5- year)”. Do not select Private Well (5- year) as this has different requirements.
- Then you will be prompted to type in your “House Number” and “Street Name”, followed by clicking the “Next” box. If your address does not pop up, try typing just the first few letters of your street name. From there you should be able to select your address by checking the box next to it, and the clicking the “Next” box.
- This brings you to the “Enter Permit Details” page. Please enter in as much information as you are able to. The “DNR Inspection Date” is where you will enter in the date of your approved well and pressure system inspection. Once you have completed this page, click the “Next” box.
- The “Upload Documents” page is where you would attach a scanned-in copy of your approved “Well Driller or Pump Installer Statement/Report”, 10- year pressure system inspection. This document is required to submit the permit application. If you were notified and are completing a 10 year Well & Pressure System Inspection for this year, this document needs to be filled out by a certified well driller and uploaded in order for a permit to be issued (DNR Well & Pressure System Inspection Form).
- Once you choose your file on your computer, then click “Upload Document”, then click the “Next” box. Following this page, you will need to check the box (“I agree to the conditions”), then click the “Finish” box.
- After applying for a permit, you need to contact me, Will Harrison to schedule a water sample for your private well. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the page. Appointments can only be scheduled Monday through Wednesday 7AM to 3PM, Thursday 7AM to 11:30AM, Thursday afternoon and Fridays are unavailable due to restricted lab testing hours.
Once you have completed these steps, please contact Will Harrison, Private Well Coordinator, at (715) 241-2635, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is where we will schedule a well water sample. If you have an questions regarding the process please contact me.